5. Dining Experience: While I do love me some good ole’ fried food, the type of food you say is now at theme parks sounds pretty amazing.
4. Thrill Rides: I love thrill rides but as I get older, I think my brain sloshes around too much and I can’t handle them like I did in middle school.
3. Special/Seasonal Events: Last year I went to Disneyland for Halloween and while I did not dress up like my fiancee did, I had a blast collecting as much candy as possible. The Haunted Mansion converted to the Nightmare Before Christmas was also a special treat.
2. Immersive Storytelling: When done right I totally agree. Physically being transported into a fantasy world is a great experience especially if it is with characters and a narrative you are familiar with already. Don’t make fun of me but I really enjoyed, Radiator Springs Racers at Disney’s California Adventure when I rode it. Loved the storytelling mixed with what was partially a thrill ride.
1. Memories: Can’t argue with this.
5. Dining Experience: Again, you must be going to some uppity theme parks like Disney World … *sobs quietly*
4. Thrill Rides: Roller coasters are not fun. Rides that hurl you towards the earth at 3 times the speed of light only to jolt you to a stop, causing a concussion along the way, are not fun. Why would anyone want to do this? I am old.
3. Special/Seasonal Events: Six Flags has two seasons: Opened and Close. Ain’t nothin’ special bout that.
2. Immersive Storytelling: Is this why Giant-sized Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd and Co. are running around terrorizing children?
1. Memories: I could forget about every theme park I’ve been to and be okay. Meh.