5. The End of The Colbert Report: I am going to miss “Stephen Colbert” as he transforms into Stephen Colbert. His show is near and dear to me for all the reasons you listed, Blake. “The Daily Show” brought me into this brand of humor but Colbert stole my heart with his own show.
4. Matt Walsh: I feel the same level of frustration at what I too would call a brother in Christ. And I have the same prayers, that his heart will be unglued from its stone cage and flourish in loving people first.
3. The Complete Lack of Compassion Towards Those Who Deal with Depression (and Sometimes Lose the Fight), i.e. Robin Williams: Utterly heartbreaking but I am hopeful that this has brought more attention to those who suffer with depression.
2. Sexual Abuse Scandals in Christian Churches and Institutions & the Lackadaisical Response by Christian Leaders: The response of many Christians churches and institutions to sexual abuse has deeply, deeply grieved me. We should as Christians be about protecting the least of these and reporting sexual abuse to the proper authorities instead of trying to deal with it in-house. As a victim of sexual abuse myself, Christ’s church should be a place of healing from that pain not the place where sexual abuse occurs and goes unreported.
1. Complete Lack of Awareness of White Male Privilege and Systematic Racism: Definitely agree on this, Blake.
5. The End of The Colbert Report: Unpopular opinion alert! I quit watching Colbert sometime back when I was a sophomore in college so maybe 2006 or 2007? The show was good and Colbert is funny, but he’s coming back. Dry your tears Blake, there were worse things than this!
4. Matt Walsh: Who’s this guy? (Trollolololol)
3. The Complete Lack of Compassion Towards Those Who Deal with Depression (and Sometimes Lose the Fight), i.e. Robin Williams: What more can be said here? Williams was a true genius who will be missed.
2. Sexual Abuse Scandals in Christian Churches and Institutions & the Lackadaisical Response by Christian Leaders: I must admit to ignorance on a lot of these scandals. I’m not always up to date or aware of them when they happen. But I agree whole heartedly with you Matt, the church should be a place of healing from pain. Not the perpetuators of pain by ignoring claims.
1. Complete Lack of Awareness of White Male Privilege and Systematic Racism: You can change the name, but you basically stole my number 1 Blake. Unfortunately, I might add.